It’s time for Only In Japan’s yearly holiday gift round-up, and it looks like 2015 is holding its own! I can pretty much guarantee you’ll be the only one to bestow one of these awesome gifts from Japan on your nearest and dearest…
10. Warm in winter, cool in summer, give this CREEPY CONSTRUCTION WORKER HEAD TOWEL, so they can enjoy displaying their brains as well as their brawn.
9. After eating their way through the holidays, your loved ones will thank you for these zero-calorie DIY FOOD MODEL KITS of their favorite noshes.
8. It wasn’t on their list, but you know they’ll thank you for their very own CAT BUTT PINCUSHION.
7. Even the crankiest Scrooge won’t want to exchange THE WORLD’S MOST BEAUTIFUL LOLLIPOP.
6. And what dog lover doesn’t need an ADORABLE PUPPY SCULPTED ENTIRELY FROM CHARCOAL?
5. If they don’t want to cephalopod their own face, they can aways torture their little brother with this OCTOPUS TENTACLE FACE ROLLER THING.
4. Blow your siblings’ ties out of the water when dad unwraps this AUTHENTIC MILITARY CAMO KIMONO.
3. The kale-eater on your list will be proud to tell people they start every day with their newest gourmet discovery: toast and HONEY WITH HORRIBLE FURRY BEE PARTS.
2. Your gf will never know how she managed to accessorize each morning before she had this TAXIDERMIED FOX GLOVE THAT CAN ALSO BE WORN AS A HAT.
1. Give your mom the luxury of using the snooze button – she’ll no longer have to get up before dawn to make your lunch with this labor-saving PENGUIN RICE BALL MOLD AND SEAWEED CUTTER.
Still looking for the perfect gift?
The Last Tea Bowl Thief was chosen as an Editor’s Pick for
Best Mystery, Thriller & Suspense on Amazon
“A fascinating mix of history and mystery.” —Booklist
Jonelle Patrick writes novels set in Japan, produces the monthly e-magazine Japanagram, and blogs at Only In Japan and The Tokyo Guide I Wish I’d Had
4 thoughts on “2015 Top Ten Crazy Gifts From Japan!”
Yikes! I have two real cats. What would happen if I accidentally stuck the pins in the wrong butt???
Ha, I expect Twitchy and Little Guy don’t sit still long enough for you to get NEAR them with a pin!
Sure, the ship got back super late and I didn’t have any time to go Christmas shopping before my flight home, buuuuut……. I don’t think any of these would have been appreciated back home.
Except maybe the dogs. Charcoal black labs would have been a hit.
I’m pretty disappointed you don’t know anyone who needs a cat butt pincushion or three.