10. What do you give the person who has everything? They’ve already got a one-shot coffee maker. And a one-shot tea machine. But I bet they don’t have a ONE-SHOT MISO SOUP MAKER!
9. Landing a blow for equal opportunity character pillows, the otaku girls on your list will love sleeping with the SINGING PRINCE DREAM CUSHION!
8. And for princesses whose rigorous beauty routine leaves them too exhausted to lift a washcloth at the end of a long day, how about these ELECTRIC FACE BRUSHES?
7. Give the mom on your list the stress relief gift that keeps on giving: children will never have to be nagged into eating their vegetables again if they’re distracted by this adorable SITTING BEAR RICE MOLD.
6. And every time global warming rears its ugly head next year, your giftees will thank you if you present them with this weird and yet strangely compelling UNBRELLA.
5. Does someone you know love catch-your-own noodles, but finds themselves inconveniently far from Chaya Kado in the summertime? Now they can enjoy nagashi somen in their very own home with the WHITE BEAR NOODLE FOUNTAIN.
4. Women can never have too many accessories, and I’ll bet you a barrel of wiggling sea eels she doesn’t have a RED TELEPHONE PURSE.
3. Give the gift of slimming: The most surefire diet aid I saw all year was this JAPANESE TOILET CURRY PLATE.
2. For the stalker wannabe on your list, this stealthy BOW TIE VOICE CHANGER.
1. And for that hard-to-shop-for person whose decorating taste runs to crafts & weapons, this FRAMED HANDGUN REPLICA MADE ENTIRELY OF WOOD.
Still looking for the perfect gift?
The Last Tea Bowl Thief was chosen as an Editor’s Pick for
Best Mystery, Thriller & Suspense on Amazon
“A fascinating mix of history and mystery.” —Booklist
Jonelle Patrick writes novels set in Japan, produces the monthly e-magazine Japanagram, and blogs at Only In Japan and The Tokyo Guide I Wish I’d Had
6 thoughts on “Top Ten Only In Japan Holiday Gifts 2014!”
Reblogged this on Darswords and commented:
This is a blog and a book series I really like!
Oh, wow, I’m so honored! （＾Ｏ＾☆♪ You are the best! Thank you, sweet friend!
Had to share! 🙂
That bear rice ball maker is adorable! 🙂
I love that one too! (Sorry I’m so late to reply – I’ve been making the rounds of crazy cute animal destinations this week (Fox Village and Bunny Island!) so have been stranded in remote countryside spots where the wifi is not particularly plentiful (><)