10. I bet the person on your list who has everything doesn’t have a THOUSAND DOLLAR RICE COOKER!
9. Surely you know someone whose garden wouldn’t be complete without a few GNOMES OF VICTORY
8. Give the gift of facial warmth and animal shenanigans with the BEARFACE MUFFLER
7. For that perfect head, the SONIC BEER FOAMER
6. Who wouldn’t want to fight the cold with these NYANTASTIC CATSPAW GLOVES?
5. Every single girl on your list would be delighted to have a VIRTUAL BOYFRIEND to keep her warm at night and whisper sweet nothings in her ear!
4. Opulence, thy name is LUXURY POTATO HOLDER
3. For the hardcore Pokemon fan, the PIKACHU PANCAKE SET lets you have your pocket monsters and eat them too…
2. The traveler on your list will be able to brave the wide world of barbarian toilets armed with the squeamishness-banishing PORTA-BIDET
1. And for those with more liquor bottles than taste, this BOTTLE HOLDER will certainly have pride of place right beneath the black velvet painting of Elvis…
The Last Tea Bowl Thief was chosen as an Editor’s Pick for Best Mystery, Thriller & Suspense on Amazon
“A fascinating mix of history and mystery.” —Booklist
Writing mystery books set in Tokyo is mostly what I do, but I also blog about the odd stuff I see every day in Japan. I'm a graduate of Stanford University and the Sendagaya Japanese Institute in Tokyo, and a member of the International Thriller Writers, the Mystery Writers of America, and Sisters In Crime. When I'm not in Tokyo, I live in San Francisco. I also host a travel site called The Tokyo Guide I Wish I'd Had, so if you're headed to Japan and want to check out the places I take my friends when they're in town, take a look!