Yes, it’s that time of year again, when you comb your list of friends & family for those who truly deserve that rare and awe-inspiring gift from Japan…
10. If there’s nobody on your list who needs a MANEATING VAMPIRE PURSE, you need to make new friends.
9. CUTEST WASHCLOTHS OF ALL TIME! Who could fail to smile after ripping the wrapping off one of these?
8. Give the gift of wowing friends & family with foamy bears, cats, and replicas of Michelangelo’s David* with this 3D LATTE MAKER
7. The gift of RUG
6. Every avid cat butt collector already has a handcrafted feline tookus pincushion, but you’ll definitely be the first to gift them a CAT BUTT REFRIGERATOR MAGNET
5. You know the corporate warrior on your list secretly craves a SAMURAI BASEBALL CAP
4. Know someone who inexplicably craves stinky, slimy soybeans, but can’t find them at their local market? Voila, the DIY NATTO MAKER
3. For the person on your list who has way too many cold pencils – the MUMMY BAG PENCIL CASE will be just the ticket
2. Or really make things easy on yourself and just give everyone a STATUETTE OF YOURSELF
1. And finally, for the most impossible person on your list: the one-size-delights-and-baffles-all INFLATABLE GEISHA WIG
Still looking for the perfect gift?
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️The Last Tea Bowl Thief was chosen as an Editor’s Pick for Best Mystery, Thriller & Suspense on Amazon
“This was a wonderful read.” —Nerd Girl Official
Writing mystery books set in Tokyo is mostly what I do, but I also blog about the odd stuff I see every day in Japan. I'm a graduate of Stanford University and the Sendagaya Japanese Institute in Tokyo, and a member of the International Thriller Writers, the Mystery Writers of America, and Sisters In Crime. When I'm not in Tokyo, I live in San Francisco. I also host a travel site called The Tokyo Guide I Wish I'd Had, so if you're headed to Japan and want to check out the places I take my friends when they're in town, take a look!